Tuesday 23 February 2010

Olympics





Lets just take a few moments to discuss how enjoyable the Olympics are this year. 
Keep in mind I am not a huge “sports fan”, but there is something different about the Olympics.
 I love how it unites the whole world.
 It is so easy to get wrapped up in the emotional stories, the patriotic pride of each country and the simple 
“WOO HOO” when they win.

A few of my favorite moments so far:

- Obviously the number one choice has to be Amy Williams winning the gold for Great Britain with the Skeleton.  On this one I was jumping up and down and flailing my arms!


- Canadian Ice Skaters took gold last night for the ice dancing with their beautiful and flawless routine. I am not going to deny that my eyes started to fill up with tears. Well deserved! And then there was the couple from China who won the gold for the couples figure skating. That was such a great story.






- Torah Bright of Australia winning the gold snowboarding (half-pipe) her run was incredibly impressive! I was also pleased that Hannah Teter got the silver  -  I liked her. 




Lets move onto the Women’s Downhill Skiing. The whole family was glued to the television! Is it bad that we enjoyed the crashes as much as the wins. I know that the falls are extremely devastating but it definitely made for exciting television. Extremely fun.



Hope you are enjoying as much as me!



*image , image , image , image , image , image