Friday 12 February 2010

Doula



I am very excited to share that I have recently become a fully trained Doula.
 
There are many reasons in why I have chosen to become a Doula. It is the beginning of a new journey for me. I was awakened over the past week. It was an honor to be surrounded by beautiful women all with their own personal stories, beliefs and cultures yet all joined together spiritually and bonded by the strength and beauty of womanhood.
 
I am extremely passionate about the beauty and miracle of birth. I feel so privileged and honored to be in a position where I can bring emotional support and encouragement to a mother going through the natural wonderment of life. What a pure honor it is to share and be a witness to this life changing event for mother, partner and family.
 
I will be providing further information in regards to the services that I offer on a separate website, however, I am in the process of finalizing it. Please contact me if you have any questions or would just like a chat!
 
For a short time I am offering my services for FREE. I feel strongly about sharing my passion and support at this time. Please contact me if you are interested in having a Doula or if you have questions in regards to pregnancy and the different options you have with childbirth.
 
email me at: hanmacey {@} gmail.com 
 
If you are interested in learning more about the support and comfort a doula can offer, 
I recommend visiting this site: www.dona.org
And a few books to get you started that cover information about doulas and birth partners would be: 
The Birth Partner (3rd Ed.) by Penny Simkin and The Doula Book by Klaus, Klaus and Kennell




*Image: Childbirth: Woodcut from Der Swangern Frawen und he bammen roszgarten, by Eucharius Rösslin, 1513. (Arons, 1994)